Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:28:18 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >      > This discussion is a response to your fallacious call for
 >      > people to deny us credit for our work.
 >
 >     Richard, I did no such thing.  I called for you to give the same
 >     credit to others you demand for yourself.
 >
 > Six of one, and half dozen of the other.

I'm happy to leave that to the readers to judge.  You might want to
ask the opinions of some you trust.

 > Arguing about this is outside the purpose of this list.

I know that.  I'd be happy to remain mute, if you would "correct" me
without using insulting and factive rhetoric (such as the gratuitious
slur "fallacious" quoted above), and attributing motives to me which I
do not in fact possess.

 > We have a list for such discussion: gnu-misc-discuss.
 > Please take it there, and stop raising it here.

Excuse me for the correction, but I didn't raise it.  You did.

I made the point that there is a wide variety of packages and
development organizations participating in GNU, many of which are
otherwise independent of GNU, in the context of the question "isn't
GNU inconsistent when Emacs requires assignments but many other GNU
projects don't?"

You took exception to my expression and made several statements on
*this* mailing list, some of which are evidently false according to
your own FAQ, in terms detrimental to my reputation.  I defended
myself here, where those statements were made.