Re: Unibyte characters, strings, and buffers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Unibyte characters, strings, and buffers
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 22:03:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> The amount of code borrowed by XEmacs from Emacs is orders of
> magnitude larger than the other way around.  So this is a red herring.

Magnitude does not really matter with "dirty hands".

At any rate, you _are_ aware that Oracle sued Google for billions of
dollars because of what amounted to 11 lines of code?

They did not prevail at the first trial, but Google did not get attorney
costs back, either, and the whole thing went into appeal with murky
outlook.

>> nobody should be blamed for choosing to err on the safe side.
>
> I never blamed anyone.  People should know the true state of affairs,
> and then decide for themselves.

The true state of affairs is that the U.S. legal and political system
does not leave much leeway for paranoia.  It's as bad as imagination
gets.

--
David Kastrup