RE: A question about spellchecker

From: arthur miller
Subject: RE: A question about spellchecker
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 18:59:56 +0200

> Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 19:27:51 +0300
> From: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: A question about spellchecker
> To: address@hidden
> CC: address@hidden; address@hidden
>
> > Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 19:39:41 +0300
> > From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> > Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> >
> > > You should not need this at all. emacs24 should auto-detect available
> > > hunspell dictionaries and offer them as possible choices when calling
> > > `ispell-change-dictionary', doing proper communication in UTF-8 and using
> > > [:alpha:] as you do for english (change that in your .emacs and see what
> > > happens).
> >
> > The Windows binary from ezwinports doesn't yet comply with the
> > semantics of the -D switch that is required for what you describe. I
> > will probably fix that some time soon.
>
> Done. People who use Hunspell on Windows may wish to download the
> latest binaries, and then you can remove the hacking of
> ispell-dictionary-alist and ispell-local-dictionary-alist from your
> .emacs.

That was fast! Great work.

Always cool to keep .emacs short.

Now - I have one question. Is it possible to pass name of dictionary instead of renaming
.dic and .aff files?

The reason: I belieave it is much easier to instruct people how to pass name of a file to
Emacs, than how to find what locale their Emacs or system use :).

Furthermore, what if we wish to use two languages == two dictionaries. How to
specify for ispell-change-dictionary if dictionaries are not set in list. Does hunspell
enumerate all dictionaries in folder?

For example there is a list of country names and codes in rw-language-and-country-codes.el.
Any chance to use it and automate so users don't have to be instructed to rename dictionary
files?