Re: Systems that can't USE_LSB_TAG

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Systems that can't USE_LSB_TAG
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 09:03:07 -0400

>> Hmmm.. so with this patch we fail on all hosts where USE_LSB_TAG can't
>> be used, even those where DATA_SEG_BITS is not needed.
> Yes, that's why I originally went for the wide-int fallback.
>> Which systems currently can't USE_LSB_TAG?
> Only IRIX as far as I know.

In that case, it's fine.  That can be fixed by using another compiler
(tho IIUC, dumping fails with gcc currently, so "using another
compiler" might not be completely straightforward).

> 2. Systems where we must use the system malloc and it doesn't
> return a multiple of 8.

IIRC the Mac OS 9 build was like that, but we don't care about that
one now.  Don't know of any other.

So, yes, feel free to install your patch on trunk.

        Stefan