Re: Project systems (again)

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Project systems (again)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:03:23 +0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> FWIW, I'd prefer that you work with EDE developers to improve and
> extend what they have; starting from scratch (or almost from scratch)
> sounds like waste of effort, especially since some of the EDE is
> already in Emacs.

I disagree: this wouldn't be starting from scratch.

Projectile is one such existing system that people use, and a generic
interface would allow for better integration with other packages, even
those that choose to be project-management-system-agnostic, which is
generally a good choice.

Personally, I use Projectile already, and switching to EDE wouldn't be
an improvement for my use. As a bonus, its primary developer (Bozhidar
Batsov) already has copyright assignment on file, so it wouldn't be
inconceivable to add it to GNU ELPA soon or eventually. But of course,
there will be other contributors to take care of.