Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117000: Untabify cl-macs.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117000: Untabify cl-macs.el
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 10:10:50 +0300

> Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 17:28:45 -0700
> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
>
> On 04/20/2014 05:03 PM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
> > revno: 117000
> > revision-id: address@hidden
> > parent: address@hidden
> > committer: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
> > branch nick: trunk
> > timestamp: Sun 2014-04-20 17:03:44 -0700
> > message:
> >   Untabify cl-macs.el
>
> On second thought, I've uncommited this change. It might make it hard to
> move changes between emacs-24 and trunk. Let's wait until emacs-24
> ships, then untabify everything once.

Why untabify at all?  Using tabs and spaces is the default GNU coding
style, so why should we stray from that?

(It's an uphill battle you'll lose anyway, because many people, yours
truly included, have indent-tabs-mode set non-nil, which will add back
tabs in the portions where changes are made.  So with time, the tabs
creep back again, and it's a maintenance burden to untabify them time
and again.)