Re: ELPA screwup

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Re: ELPA screwup
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:56:02 +0800

On 2014-04-22 12:58 +0200, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
> I'm no Git expert and would like to avoid trouble in the future.
> Could you please summarize what happened, including the commands
> issued?

I have easy-kill as a remote on the elpa repo and this morning I ran
'git pull -s subtree easy-kill master' and pushed. The same command that
worked previously somehow managed to merge changes into the admin/
directory.

It seems the best option to correct this is to reset head to before the
merge and do the subtree merge right. The second best option (which is
what I did) seems to be git mv things to the right subdirectory and
restore deleted files if any.

Leo