Re: A patch for enforcing double-width CJK character display

From: Hui Liu
Subject: Re: A patch for enforcing double-width CJK character display
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 10:00:24 +0800

> But there is a bug on displaying Chinese double dash.  When I switch
> to other buffer and switch back, it looks wrong.  I attached both
> screenshots and I draw a red line under Chinese double dash in the
> correct one.

I don't think it is a bug of the patch. The font you used looks like
WenQuanYi Micro Hei, so I test a dozen other Chinese fonts. ONLY
WenQuanYi fonts have this problem.

The reason is the some characters (e.g. Chinese punctuations and Greek
letters) in WenQuanYi fonts are halfwidth. I know little about fonts,
so I doubt if it is a bug of WenQuanYi because these characters in
other Chinese fonts are all fullwidth.

Since these characters are included in the symbol charset, You can
simply leave this charset to the default English font. Or use any
other Chinese fonts except WenQuanYi.