Re: Commit message header line

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Commit message header line
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 18:06:35 +0200

On Fri, 02 May 2014 17:38:09 +0300 Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

> Header lines such as these:
>
>   Add a warning and a menu.
>
>   Update, improve exposition, add cross references, fix typos.
>
> could be more useful if they included a reference to the feature you
> are fixing, in this case Todo Mode.  Otherwise, the header lines are
> too generic.

Oh dear, sorry about that.  Is it possible to fix that without reverting
and recommitting?  I did this via VC, and thought the commit message
would include the string "calendar/todo-mode.el", since it is in the
ChangeLog entry copied into the commit log buffer, but I see it is not
in the log listing.  But I notice that other log entries do have such a
string; were they explicitly added to the Subject: line in the commit
log buffer, or is that because the Subject: line was left blank so just
the first line of the ChangeLog entry was used?  If so, is that
acceptable practice, or should the Subject: line always be filled in?

Steve Berman