Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 19:17:31 +0300

> From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 13:01:22 +0100
>
> In trunk r117046 changes were made which assume that automake 1.13 is
> present, but configure.ac still contains AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(1.11).

Which change requires a newer Automake?  I have 1.11, and I've just
reconfigured and rebuilt the latest trunk with no problems I could
spot.  Can you show the details of your failure?

> These changes broke the build for me on mingw, as my mingw installation
> only has automake 1.11 (I have not yet investigated newer versions).
>
> If the minimum toolchain required has been changed, please make this
> change more visible.

Indeed.  Moreover, please don't require different versions for the
trunk and the branch, as it's a nuisance to have more than a single
version installed.  Also, nt/INSTALL and/or the packaged Autotools it
points to need to be updated once we upgrade to some newer version, so
please explicitly announce that here.