Re: awesome feature (yet to be added?)

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: awesome feature (yet to be added?)
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 23:27:11 +0100

Davis Herring <address@hidden> writes:

>> Judging by the uptake.  We are the only two to think this is useful.  :)
>
> I thought about implementing `invert-comment' a few years ago, but I
> wasn't sure what to do about code like this:
>
>   /* old_implementation_prepare (); */
>   /* old_implementation_go (); */

Here's an alternative approach.

Dale Snell pointed out that this can be done with rectangle commands.
Give your commented code a name.  Mark region with the mark and point in
the first column.  Then do

C-x r t ;; foo: RET

The region will look like
;; foo: some code ();
;; foo: some more code ();

You can do the same for other experiments that are commented out.  Then
later on you can enable them by using

M-% ;; foo: RET RET

And you can put a ! at the end of that if you like.  I know this doesn't
solve all the problems discussed.

BR,
Robert Thorpe