Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake

From: Andy Moreton
Subject: Re: Trunk r117046 fails on systems with older automake
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 16:14:05 +0100

From: Andy Moreton <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2014 09:00:22 +0100

> Anyway, is your problem solved now?

Yes.

Great!

It seems that whatever I did the configury ignored the autotools from
ezwinports installed under c:/emacs/mingw-devel, and always used the
ones from c:/mingw/msys (regardles of PATH). If I uninstalled the msys
versions then autogen.sh simply failed. In addition, the generated
configure could find pkg-config, but not pkg.m4 unless it was moved into
the msys tree

Indeed, both the autotools from ezwinports and pkg.m4 should be in the
MSYS tree.  (The README file on ezwinports site explicitly says that
about Autoconf and Automake.)

I missed this detail - it would be useful to note this in nt/INSTALL.

    AndyM