Re: pkg-config required on OSX, why?

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: pkg-config required on OSX, why?
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 18:39:54 +0200

Hello.

Glenn Morris skrev 2014-05-16 17:57:
"Jan D." wrote:

I built pkg-config from source, but having pkg-config as a requirement
form some macros must mean those macros are important.  What are they?

The ones that test for any halfway-modern library.
Eg svg, imagemagick, etc, etc. Basically anywhere you see EMACS_CHECK_MODULES.

On the other hand, configure has called pkg-config ever since Gtk+ entered the Emacs source.

Installing pkg-config is a one-time cost. It took me ~ 2 mins.
You'll "never" have to update it.
Even the MS Windows users seemed to manage, eventually. ;)
So I hope you give it a go...

I have, but things have now moved on.

        Jan D.