Re: Emacs pretest 24.3.91

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 24.3.91
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 22:10:47 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 14:39:47 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > But this will pick up ginstall-info on any system that happens to have
> > it, and do that in preference to install-info, won't it?  E.g., on my
> > system, I see I have ginstall-info.exe from some ancient Texinfo
> > distribution, and sure enough, configure now wants to use that.
>
> I wasn't aware ginstall-info existed anywhere else.
> Do you think anyone else is likely to have it around?

Anyone who once installed an old Texinfo 4.8 port to Windows, and
didn't bother to delete ginstall-info.exe, will have it.  That port
came with both install-info.exe and ginstall-info.exe, for reasons I
cannot fathom.

If that's the only reasonable scenario besides Debian, perhaps we
could add something specific to Windows to countermand this, so that
we could still be friendly to Debian?