OpenClipart.org for ELPA?

From: Mario Lang
Subject: OpenClipart.org for ELPA?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 17:05:54 +0200

Hi.

I have a licensing question.  For chess.el, we provide a chessboard
display module which uses images to display a chess position.
Originally, these images were just taken from xboard.  This is, of
course, a bit problematic regarding ELPA inclusion.  I am currently
looking for a replacement for the xboard based images which would be
suitable for ELPA inclusion.  If I were not blind (sic), I'd actually
try and draw some myself.  However, since this is out of question, I
have found (with the help of a sighted coworker) chess piece images on
openclipart.org.  These are public domain.  I wonder, would such a
source be suitable for inclusion in an ELPA hosted project?

If not, I am sort of out of luck.  Is anyone on this list (who has
signed papers with FSF) capable and willing to draw 12 different chess piece
images
for chess.el?  We currently need XPM format, as %c-%p.xpm, where %c is
either black or white, and %p is one of
pawn, knight, bishop, rook, queen and king.  Something between
48x48 and 96x96 is probably a good size.
https://github.com/skainz/emacs-chess-pieces has a generate.sh script
which demonstrates how to deal with background color such that things
are actually "transparent", at least that is what I am told.

Thanks for your input.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕