Re: [elpa] --exclude-vcs for multi-file archives?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] --exclude-vcs for multi-file archives?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 10:05:07 -0400

> While integrating chess.el into ELPA, I noticed that the .git
> subdirectory of packages/<external-name> is placed in the tarballs.  I have
> manually
> added ".git" to .elpaignore in packages/chess for now, but I wonder if a
> more generic solution is in order.

I saw your commit and thought the exact same thing.
But I don't understand why you need to do that: .git is already skipped
in update-archive.sh:

rsync -av --delete \
      --exclude=ChangeLog \
      --exclude=.git \
      --exclude='*.elc' \
      --exclude='*~' \
      --exclude='*-autoloads.el' \
      ../elpa/packages ./

So I wonder: are you using update-archive.sh, or what are you using?

        Stefan