Re: window--dump-frame

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: window--dump-frame
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 18:18:25 +0200

() Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
() Thu, 22 May 2014 11:55:25 -0400

   I just found it weird to see the "--" prefix on an interactive
   command, but maybe it's not a contradiction?

I think it's bad policy to leak "--" elements to interactive land.
Users will sooner or later use the command in a keyboard macro, which
then gets saved into ~/.emacs, which then breaks (some time) later,
mysteriously, when the element changes or disappears.  Then, cue the
bug report(s), finger-pointing, witch hunts (er, coding style audits),
and soul-searching...

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502