Re: missing quote in define-package arg

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: missing quote in define-package arg
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 16:42:54 +0200

() Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
() Sat, 24 May 2014 14:32:50 +0300

   Not exactly unnoticed
   (https://github.com/milkypostman/melpa/pull/1619#issuecomment-39480891,
   https://github.com/milkypostman/melpa/issues/1669), but it's a minor
   issue that has no bearing on functionality.

Agreed, if by functionality, we limit ourselves to the package in
question.  Whether or not it is minor, it should be fixed, anyway...

   I believe it can be fixed in two ways: by adding quoting where it was
   missed (like you're suggesting), or by excluding -pkg.el files from
   byte-compilation.

The second way is not a fix, for it leaves manifest a syntax error, on
disk (and maybe later, in memory -- i admit i haven't yet looked closely
at package.el to know its design).  It's not a bad idea per se, however,
since it seems there is little gain from byte-compiling -pkg.el files.

I am presently reading the BzrForEmacsDevs page on the EmacsWiki (while
waiting for bzr-initiated bits to percolate my way through the net), and
hope to install a fix, as well as the simplification you suggest, shortly.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502