Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117169: * src/bytecode.c (FETCH) [BYTE_CODE_SAF

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117169: * src/bytecode.c (FETCH) [BYTE_CODE_SAFE]: Check the bytecode wasn't
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 20:19:46 -0400

> When does that happen?

The GC relocates strings to compact the string blocks, so it is
very common for strings to be relocated.  So it requires special code to
update pointers into the middle of strings, such as the "pc" in bytecode
activation frames.
This debug code was the one that let me finally track down the source of
a bug we had in the implementation of the "new handler bytecodes" (the
bug was in the handling of variables lives across setjmp/longjmp).

        Stefan