Re: Some candidates for obsoletion

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Some candidates for obsoletion
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:51:14 +0300

On 29 May 2014, at 5:02, Glenn Morris wrote:

Here are some lisp files that I think are candidates for obsoletion:

vip.el
vi.el
- I don't think Emacs needs 3 different vi emulators (these plus viper). These two have seen very little development in recent years (decades).

Pretty sure even viper is more or less obsolete these days (as is vimpulse). Everyone seems to be using evil.

tpu-edt.el
crisp.el
ws-mode.el
- These are emulations of very old things. I don't imagine many people
  are going to start using them these days. If not obsolete, perhaps
  move to GNU ELPA?

But it's mainly the first two.