Re: Should we use `symbol' or 'symbol' in Emacs change logs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should we use `symbol' or 'symbol' in Emacs change logs?
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 14:29:54 -0400

> Am I reading it wrong or am I correct that there is no change
> in Emacs policy regarding the quotation of symbols in change logs
> (and in docstrings)?

Indeed there's been no change in that policy.  To the extent that we
follow the GNU coding standard for the ChangeLogs, you could argue that
we should use 'foo' in ChangeLogs, but the `...' convention is so
pervasive inside Emacs that we'd then either have a mix of conventions
(one for the ChangeLog and another for most everything else) or a major
painful conversion ahead.

        Stefan