Re: Some candidates for obsoletion

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Some candidates for obsoletion
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 21:59:25 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> please verify that with the users but before you do anything to them.
> Please post on help-gnu-emacs and ask the user community to verify this.

I don't see the need. I'm asking here.
Files in lisp/obsolete are just as usable as when they lived in another
directory.
It is always at least several Emacs releases/years between "move something to
obsolete/" and "delete it altogether".
If someone sees a mode they passionately love get moved to obsolete/,
I assume this will prompt them to register an objection, at which point
we can decide whether to un-obsolete it.