Re: The history of sit_for vs sit-for

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: The history of sit_for vs sit-for
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 14:31:55 -0400

> It seems moving sit-for to lisp was the easiest way to accomplish that.

Indeed, thanks.

In any case, we have 2 problems with the current code:
- We have two completely different implementations: sit-for ELisp and
  sit_for in C.
- The ELisp version uses read-event and then tries to unread the event,
  which is frought with too many perils.

I don't really care whether sit-for is implemented in ELisp or C, but we
should only have one implementation (it's hard enough to get it to work
once).  And the implementation shouldn't read+unread.

        Stefan