Re: Emacs-diffstrunk r117208: * lisp/files.el (locate-dominating-file):

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Emacs-diffstrunk r117208: * lisp/files.el (locate-dominating-file): Expand file argument.
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 09:50:01 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Glenn,

> Unless it is a hydra glitch (always possible), my trunk r117208 seems to
> cause tramp-test29-vc-registered to fail on hydra. Any ideas?

I've seen this already (but wasn't aware which change caused the error).
Tramp does some optimization in its vc-registered implementation, maybe
they are not compatible with your recent change. I'll check. In this
respect, the test does what it is intended to do - flag problems :-)

> BTW, I think that test should set the BZR_HOME environment variable,
> like test/automated/vc-bzr.el does. This will be good not just for
> hydra, but to stop tests writing to ~/.bzr.log in general.

Yes. However, it's not guaranteed that tramp-test29-vc-registered
chooses bzr. It could also take git or hg, whatever it finds on the test
machine. A bzr only change will be good for hydra, but maybe we need
some more general consideration here.

OTOH, it's not guaranteed that all people have set BZR_HOME. Couldn't
this setting hide problems, which would be detected otherwise in the tests?

Best regards, Michael.