Re: Not a regression, but shuld go into emacs-24

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Not a regression, but shuld go into emacs-24
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 20:11:16 +0200

Hi.

2014-06-01 14:31, martin rudalics skrev:
 > +          position = value;

How/why does this value differ from that returned by
gtk_adjustment_get_value?

That returns the value the scroll bar has before the scroll, not what it will
be.

As an aside: Why is the third argument of x_send_scroll_bar_event called
PORTION while inherently it's a POSITION relative to WHOLE?  Doesn't
such nomenclature clash with that of say XTset_vertical_scroll_bar where
PORTION represents the size of the slider wrt WHOLE?

position is not needed, I removed it. It is called portion in Motif/Lesstif (xm_scroll_callback) also, thats where it originates. x_send_scroll_bar_event itself calls it portion. xaw_scroll_callback calls it portion. Has not caused any confusion what I know of. Its a tiny cosmetic thing.

        Jan D.