Re: Sending multiple patches

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Sending multiple patches
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2014 09:17:37 -0400

> Will a threaded messages to address@hidden do?

I think currently this would generate N distinct bug numbers (tho I seem
to remember that Glenn implemented some kind of Message-ID/In-Reply-To
based system to try and correct this, so maybe it'll work).

But you can send a first message to address@hidden and then send
threaded messages to the corresponding address@hidden address.

> Should I send a git pull request?

Since we use Bzr, that wouldn't help very much.

> By the way, the aforementioned code is at:
>     https://github.com/mina86/emacs/tree/tildify

The patches look OK, feel free to commit (adjusting the commit comments
to the ChangeLog formatting convention, of course).
Some comments that came up while reading the patches:
- "TeX-commnad" -> "TeX-command".
- "can be arbitrary character" -> "can be an arbitrary character".
- "hnadled" -> "handled".
- XML doesn't define " "?  Really?  So when is it defined?
  I know very little about SG/XML, but I'd love to hear the full story.
- Rather than ("end-" 1), tildify-ignored-environments-alist should
  probably just use "end-\\1" so it can just use `replace-match'.
- The settings in tildify-ignored-environments-alist should probably be
  moved to a buffer-local var set in the respective major modes.

        Stefan