Indentation of cond forms in (Emacs) Lisp mode

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Indentation of cond forms in (Emacs) Lisp mode
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 16:37:39 +0300

I noticed that `cond' forms in Emacs Lisp mode and Lisp mode are indented with just one space, unlike most other "control" structures:

(cond
 ((x) (y))
 (t (z))

Why is that? Seems odd to treat the differently from the likes of `when' for instance:

(when something
  (do-something))

I'm asking because this leaked into clojure-mode as well and we're now discussing whether it's a bug or something reasonable.

Cheers,
Bozhidar