Re: emacs: are multi-char parentheses possible?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: emacs: are multi-char parentheses possible?
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 09:40:38 +0200

On 10.06.2014 11:22, Leo Liu wrote:
On 2014-06-09 22:21 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Maybe you "did something wrong" there, but SMIE normally tries to obey
the existing syntax tables (and syntax-table properties), so maybe you
saw a bug in SMIE.

hmm, I can no longer find a recipe to reproduce the problem I was seeing
where forward-sexp before << moved forward just one char.

BTW, some languages have structured documentation embedded in comments,
for example, texinfo used by octave, or xml-like by misc other
languages. What is the best way to provide in-comment indentation for
them? Is this something SMIE might support in future?

Thanks,
Leo

https://launchpad.net/s-x-emacs-werkstatt/+download

comes with a parser --in beg-end.el--, where in-comment detection of
thing-at-point forms might be switched on.
From there it should be possible to calculate indentation.

HTH,

Andreas