Re: The text-mode menu looks very broken in emacs-24

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: The text-mode menu looks very broken in emacs-24
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:29:20 +0300

> From: Mario Lang <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:50:43 +0200
>
> Just tried the text-mode menu in emacs-24 branch, and it is rather
> broken.  It is kind of hard for me to describe the bug in detail, but
> scrolling through the menu items of the "Edit" menu gives me randomly
> wrong aligned menu items.  "Undo" is not aligned with the rest of the
> menu, but aligned to the left of the screen.  Quitting the menu gives me
> left-over characters from these wrong-aligned menu items.
>
> Can someone experienced with the new text mode menu take a look at this
> please?  I am seeing it on Linux in tty mode, with a "--without-x"
> complied emacs.

About 1.5 months ago, you tried the menus with a patch I sent, and
said that it was "exactly what you was looking for".  Did menus work
OK then, but not now?  If so, what, if anything, has changed since
then, in terms of your system configuration, the way you build Emacs,
or the terminal emulation software you are using?