Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 21:34:01 +0300

> From: Teemu Likonen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 18:17:35 +0300
>
> But my ultimate point is not me or Finnish. Spell-checking task depends
> on so many things outside the scope of Emacs project. So many different
> languages, different checker engines, missing dictionaries, missing
> engines. In many situations automatically enabled flyspell-mode just
> wouldn't work. I think it's a bad idea to turn on such feature by
> default.

Seems to me that it is up to the people who use those "other
spell-checkers" to enhance ispell.el to support them.  This is the
first time I personally hear that many languages are left out because
the spellers which support them don't provide the Ispell-like
interface which Emacs expects.  If there are so many of them, where
are all those users? why didn't anyone submit changes to ispell.el to
support those languages and spell-checkers?  Why didn't you, for that
matter?