Re: Feature Request: Per-package custom save files?

From: T.V Raman
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Per-package custom save files?
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 09:52:10 -0700

Hi Stefan,

Here are some "features" I'm looking for:
1. custom-clean-up would be nice.

2. My thought around factoring out custom settings into a
canonical per-package custom-settings file was to achieve the
second goal -- not loading settings for packages you dont use --

so: Today I have
(setq custom-file (expand-file-name "~/.customize-emacs"))
In my .emacs.

What if instead -- for each add-on elisp package <foo>    we
used custom-<foo>-settings.el  -- then as an example,  I could
load custom-ecb-settings.el only when I load the <ecb> package.