Buffer and ondisk file contents can often differ

From: Leo Liu
Subject: Buffer and ondisk file contents can often differ
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 08:45:18 +0800

Since moving to 24.3.91 and 24.4.50 I have seen this bug a dozen times
but I don't know how to reproduce it. It happens sometimes so I wonder
if anyone else has seen it.

For example, I changed `defvar' to `defconst' in a buffer and C-x C-s.
Everything was fine until I diff'd the file to discover it was still
using `defvar'.

This just happened when I sent this patch
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=17549#32

Eventually I reverted the buffer and edited again which succeeded.

BTW, the bug can happen with or without auto-revert-use-notify.

Leo