Re: Emacs pretest 24.3.92

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs pretest 24.3.92
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 23:10:29 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 15:59:28 -0400
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>
> > If you (or someone) make this easy, I just might.  Right now, the pain
> > of uploading _anything_ to GNU ftp sites is too much for this
> > curmudgeon.
>
> I find it pretty trivial using gnulib's gnupload script.

You do realize that whoever builds Emacs on Windows actually does that
on a Windows machine, right?  So running on such a system a Unix shell
script that needs a matching ncftp installation, and also gnupg with
keys, is not something which will work without setup and tinkering.

What I meant by "easy" is how I upload packages to sourceforge: just
point to the file and click a button.  Why cannot GNU ftp site be this
easy?

So it's not trivial for me.  Volunteers are welcome, of course.