Re: What is a keybinds Richard Stallman uses?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: What is a keybinds Richard Stallman uses?
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 12:36:35 +0900

chad writes:

 > I did this for years, and then recently discovered an alternative
 > suggestion that I'm trying now: remapping caps-lock into a second
 > delete key.

I have a better suggestion: don't make typing mistakes.  Works for me
(with the help of flyspell and pc-select for overwriting the region
when replacing text :-).

 > the large left-side control key is nice but not necessary.

It's not the size that I care about; it's the home-row position.  And
it's frequently used no matter what I'm doing -- of course in bash,
but also (on the Mac, at least) in Chrome and Firefox Ctrl-click
brings up the "target" menu (ie, whether the link is copied or the
linked resource is downloaded, opened in another app, opened in a new
window, or opened in a new tab), and on Windows it's the modifier key
for CUA.

If you must have a second delete key, why not use the key at bottom
left which has a pleasing symmetry?