Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117464: Shrink Lisp_Sub_Char_Table by preferrin

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117464: Shrink Lisp_Sub_Char_Table by preferring C integers to Lisp_Objects.
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 20:12:06 +0400

On 07/03/2014 06:55 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

I'm arguing that with the amount of developmental energy we have at
our disposal (an average of 250 commits per month lately, more than
4000 per last year!), I would expect the project to gain significant
new functionality much faster than what we see in etc/NEWS.  As a
simple thought experiment, I suggest to read etc/NEWS entries for the
last 2 or 3 releases and make a list of the important functionality
and usability changes you see there.  Then reflect on the number of
those changes.

Large and mature software project is somewhat similar to an old castle.
Building new walls is very important for defense, but it doesn't make
too much sense if an internal passes are cluttered up so that soldiers
can't run through them and climb up walls in time.

Dmitry