Possible bug when running with --daemon on 24.3.92.3?

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Possible bug when running with --daemon on 24.3.92.3?
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 17:30:46 +0900

Alexis writes:

 > i've just compiled and installed 24.3.92.3 on 64-bit Debian Wheezy
 > (7.5). i start Emacs from URxvt with the `--daemon` option, and
 > then open a new frame with `emacsclient -c`. That works
 > fine. However, when i exit the client using C-x C-c, the server
 > process is shut down as well.

You're not exiting the client; there is no client to exit.

In principle, the client simply sends a message to the server to open
a window for you, then exits.  (I forget what can happen in case of a
TTY client -- it may have to remain to keep a pipe open, but that's
all it does.  The principle is the same: you're editing in the server,
not in the client.)  I.e., C-x C-c is supposed to shut down the server
process.

You should be able to close the frame with C-x 5 0 or via the window
manager.