Re: Writing to STDOUT from elisp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Writing to STDOUT from elisp
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 05:45:53 +0300

> Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 18:50:23 -0700
> From: Craig Muth <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>, address@hidden,
>       Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>, Mathias Dahl <address@hidden>
>
> You can get princ to write to "standard-output", meaning the echo
> area.  I'm looking to write to the stdout of the whole process, so the
> output shows up in the terminal you launched emacs in.  So when you
> exit emacs, you'll see the text in the shell.

You can do that with "emacs -batch", where princ writes to stdout.

If you want to do this in an interactive session, please tell what
exactly are you trying to do and why.  For example, is this only
needed when you exit Emacs, or do you want to be able to write to
stdout and then continue to run Emacs for a while (and why)?