Re: SMIE

From: chad
Subject: Re: SMIE
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:00:10 -0700

On 09 Jul 2014, at 20:59, Matt DeBoard <address@hidden> wrote:

> As regarding inclusion in GNU ELPA, I'm just a caretaker for the
> project on behalf of the Elixir-lang people, but as it's already in
> MELPA I'm sure it's fine.

I would go a step further than Stefan and say that MELPA is basically the
archetype of not-fine in this domain: finding a package in MELPA means,
basically "someone, somewhere, wrote some code that might do something, in some
of the versions I've had at some point". Finding a package in GNU ELPA (or a
handful of other elpa repositories) adds things like "this version should
actually do what's written on the tin" to potentially-interesting properties
like "copyrights already assigned" and "can be fixed by interested emacs
maintainers".

I hope that helps,
~Chad