Re: XCHAR2B_BYTE[12] definitions in NS

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: XCHAR2B_BYTE[12] definitions in NS
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:46:43 +0900

Daiki Ueno <address@hidden> writes:

> Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> They are used in xdisp.c which is generic code.
>> W32 has similar macros.  Maybe move to a common h-file and remove w32
>> and ns-specific macros?
>
> Makes sense, thanks for the suggestion.  I've pushed a patch in that way
> (r117538).

I missed the fact that s->char2b is directly passed to the
platform-dependent drawing functions: ExtTextOutW (W32) and
CGContextShowGlyphsWithAdvances (NS), and the corresponding argument
types are also platform-dependent: wchar_t * (W32) and unichar * (NS).

So, IMO merging the macros into a single place will cause more
confusion.  I reverted the change and just installed the parentheses fix
I initially posted.  Sorry for all the fuss.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno