Why isn't a new AUCTeX ELPA release triggered? (was: [AUCTeX-devel] prev

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Why isn't a new AUCTeX ELPA release triggered? (was: [AUCTeX-devel] preview.sty included in GNU ELPA problematic)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 08:12:54 +0200

Ivan Andrus <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Ivan,

>>> For AUCTeX there is currently no release plan, but this bug can be
>>> easily fixed in the ELPA package by someone who has write access to
>>> the Emacs repository.  Tassilo, could please take a look at it?
>
> It looks like the package hasn’t been regenerated (yet) since I just
> installed it and still have the 2010-02-14 version.  IIRC you have to
> change the version number or do something manually.

I've changed the

  ;; Version: 11.87.6

header in ELPA auctex.el from 11.87.5 to the new version above on Monday
and pushed.  In theory, that should trigger a new release, but I
confirmed that the new version isn't available yet.

Cc-ing emacs-devel: is there any problem with the package builder on
ELPA?

Bye,
Tassilo