Re: icalendar-real-world test sometimes fails

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: icalendar-real-world test sometimes fails
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:17:20 -0400

Ulf Jasper wrote:

> I'm wondering why the test fails "sometimes".  Does that really mean
> that the test finishes successfully one day but fails the next day?

Yes! :)
It (randomly?) pings back and forth between success and failure for no
reason I can fathom.

http://hydra.nixos.org/build/12698548    # works, trunk r117565
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/12699658    # fails, trunk r117566
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/12711693    # works, trunk r117567

It has been doing this for a while, in emacs-24 branch too.
It usually works, but once in a while it fails.

> In any case I would prefer to fix the root cause instead of modifying
> the test case.  The "# coding..."  should not get inserted into the
> diary file, should it?  Where does it come from?

That's the question...