Re: Wrong frame with recent trunk [MSYS2-MinGW64]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Wrong frame with recent trunk [MSYS2-MinGW64]
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:22:23 +0300

> Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:26:47 +0200
> From: Angelo Graziosi <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> There are still issues with trunk rev. 117599.

Please submit a proper bug report to the bug tracker.  I think we've
discussed this issue more than enough here, and if it's still a
problem, we need to treat it as such.

> Just out of curiosity... How you build Emacs?

Just "make -j6" (which will run autoconf if needed).

> I build always in a clean[*] tree with:
>
> configure --prefix=/Emacs.app --with-wide-int
>   --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --without-imagemagick
>   'CFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include/noX -Ofast -g0 -pipe' LDFLAGS=-pipe
>
> make -j3
>

> Ciao,
>   Angelo.
>
> ---
> [*] I have a local repository created with:
>
>    $ bzr checkout --lightweight
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk emacs-trunk
>
> I update it with 'bzr up'. I DO NOT use it to build but I use a copy:
>
>    rsync -av --exclude=.bzr* --exclude=.git* --exclude=.gdb* --delete
> /c/cygwin64/home/pippo/work/emacs-trunk/ /tmp/emacs/
>
> then in a mingw64_shell.bat shell:
>
>    $ cd /tmp
>    $ .... build-emacs.sh

I don't have time for all this complexity, and cannot use lightweight
checkouts to begin with.  Bootstrapping Emacs every time just wastes
time and as a nasty side effect removes all the previous *.exe files
that I could otherwise use to kind-of bisect problems.  I never
understood people who always bootstrap.