Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 21:34:33 +0300

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 20:23:44 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>  > I'm confused: how does that get called when I click a mouse on the
>  > scroll-bar slider?  Just click, no drag.
>
> Do you mean that when you click on the slider the value of
> suspend_auto_hscroll is reset?

No, I mean the slider jumps back to the left edge, whereas it started
at the right edge (which is correct for R2L lines).

> That would be strange.  It should get reset when you click into the
> text area or change point in some other way.

Well, it was you who mentioned suspend_auto_hscroll as the possible
cause for the slider behavior when I click on it.  If
suspend_auto_hscroll is not related to that problem, then I ask again:
where's the code which causes the slider to jump to the left when I
click on it?

>  >>   > I tried that, but then the feature stopped working altogether.
>  >>
>  >> In which sense?
>  >
>  > The slider didn't jump to the right when point was in a R2L paragraph.
>
> When precisely?  Usually you have to select the window (more or less) in
> order to move point to a R2L paragraph in it and at that moment the
> slider should jump to the right.  If you now select another window the
> slider should stick to the right until you either explicitly change
> `point' or text in that window.

I experimented with only one window.  I intended to try with several
windows showing the same buffer after that.  However, testing with a
single window (which was obviously selected) failed to produce the
desired behavior, so I never proceeded to more than one window.

What I did was temporarily move point to the window-point, then call
current-bidi-paragraph-direction.  Maybe there's something wrong with
this.