Re: Raw string literals in Emacs lisp.

From: Matthew Plant
Subject: Re: Raw string literals in Emacs lisp.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 11:54:38 -0700

Indeed I do not think that backward scanning will be possible with any kind of string that has different delimiters than double quotes.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]

    If it can be parsed forwards it can be parsed backwards,

Perhaps you mean it is possible in some theoretical sense.
That's not the issue here.  The Emacs sexp-scanning functions
scan backwards in a simple way, and the syntax has to be
suitable for them to handle.

                                                             although it might
    not be immediately possible to do so.

We need the backward scanning to work when the syntax is installed.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation