Re: Raw string literals in Emacs lisp.

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Raw string literals in Emacs lisp.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:16:18 -0400

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:01:52 -0700 Matthew Plant <address@hidden> wrote:

>> How about using a Unicode character as the marker? (prepares for stoning)
MP> I'm on the fence about this idea. It certainly would make parsing in
MP> reverse possible (assuming the reverse parsing functions do not operate on
MP> char *) and easy, but it would also possibly mess up formatting. It also
MP> might not add much convenience because frankly typing non-unicode
MP> characters is _hard_.

Eh, it's really not hard. If it was the only problem with this approach,
it could be enabled in the default keybindings.

MP>  One suggestion would be to use the unicode left and right double/single
MP> quotation marks.

Oh, no. The markers shouldn't look like existing ASCII characters or
there will be lynchings. Maybe LEFT DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET and RIGHT
DOUBLE ANGLE BRACKET would work (they look like << and >>).

Ted