Re: Changes in frame/window code

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Changes in frame/window code
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 20:42:13 -0500

> Note that horizontal scrollbars are turned on by default on all builds
> that support them.  This is the only way I see to get them at least some
> initial coverage.  If you utterly dislike them (or do not use scrollbars
> at all) please use the idiom

I don't use scroll bars, but I'll keep them on while they're being
tested.  But is the dark bar above the mode line in the first picture
below a scroll bar?

> (when (fboundp 'horizontal-scroll-bar-mode)
>   (horizontal-scroll-bar-mode -1))

I ask, because applying this adds a small white space above the mode
line, as shown in the second picture.  (Both are from emacs started with
emacs -Q.)

PNG image

PNG image