Re: anaphora in emacs-lisp?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: anaphora in emacs-lisp?
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 08:58:52 -0400

> Is there any objection to us adding anaphora to EmacsLisp?

I don't really want to veto it, but I'm not thrilled about it, because
I don't like introducing variables whose name is not provided by the
macro caller (and I find the benefit of things like `aif' rather small).

But maybe the new `if-let' (in subr-x.el) satisfies your needs:

  (aif E1 E2 E3) ~= (if-let ((it E1)) E2 E3)

> I have just written an alias for ibuffer's functions for about the
> 50-millionth time.

Please submit those packages incrementally (say by groups of 1 million),
so we're not drowned.

        Stefan