Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117672: Remove support for DJGPP < 2.02

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r117672: Remove support for DJGPP < 2.02
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 22:38:03 +0100

On 9 August 2014 19:32, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> -rem   YOU'LL NEED THE FOLLOWING UTILITIES TO MAKE EMACS:
> -rem
> -rem   + msdos version 3 or better.
> -rem   + DJGPP version 2.0 or later (version 2.03 or later recommended).
> -rem   + make utility that allows breaking of the 128 chars limit on
> -rem     command lines.  ndmake (as of version 4.5) won't work due to a
> -rem     line length limit.  The make that comes with DJGPP does work (and is
> +rem   YOU'LL NEED THE FOLLOWING UTILITIES TO MAKE EMACS:
> +rem
> +rem   + msdos version 3 or better.
> +rem   + DJGPP version 2.02 or later (version 2.03 or later recommended).
> +rem   + make utility that allows breaking of the 128 chars limit on
> +rem     command lines.  ndmake (as of version 4.5) won't work due to a
> +rem     line length limit.  The make that comes with DJGPP does work (and is

I get the impression that you did not use Emacs to make these changes.
Why do these lines (and others further down) get a ^M at the end?

I don't know, and I'm sorry. I noticed "^M" at the end of each line in "bzr diff", but assumed it was like a similar thing git does with DOS line endings in diffs. I had quite a lot of changes, not all for this patch, in my checkout, and first made a patch with bzr diff, then bzr shelve'd them so I could get up to date with trunk, then applied parts of the patch file using diff-mode. Clearly somewhere in there the line endings were introduced; at least next time I'll know that in bzr those ^Ms mean bad things.

> +of GCC (the GNU C compiler), GNU Make, rm, mv, cp, and sed, and
> +version 2.03 or later of DJGPP itself.  See the remarks in CONFIG.BAT

Shouldn't this be 2.02?

Yes…