Re: Bazaar to Git status

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: Bazaar to Git status
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 16:56:31 -0400

Paul Michael Reilly <address@hidden>:
> Haven't noticed any messages in a while on the project to move Emacs
> development from bzr to git.  Not since January really.  Did I miss
> something that has shelved the project?  Or maybe it is done and it is the
> best kept secret since esr fired his first shot at Bazaar many months ago.
> Or that daunting list of final things to do has proven even more stubborn
> than even rms himself can be. :-)
>
> -pmr

You haven't heard much about it because the hard work is all done. I
have the scripts ready to go and need only about eight hours' notice
before pushing the button.

That is, assuming everyone has played nice and not embedded more bzr
revision numbers in ChangeLogs or revision comments - if someone
slipped on that then I will need to do another revision of the
conversion recipe and another conversion run (they take about eight
hours - it's a big repository).

You can pull a copy of the transition recipe and associated scripts from here:

git://gitorious.org/emacs-transition/emacs-transition.git

I've documented the whole process; you can do a trial conversion yourself
if you care to try.