Re: Emacs as WM

From: Samuel El-Borai
Subject: Re: Emacs as WM
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 10:19:53 +0200

Other projects of the same kind:

Guile-WM (Guile scheme)
-------------------------------------
From the README:
    "Guile-WM is a framework for creating an X window manager (or any other X
application, really) and a set of useful modules designed for that purpose.

[...]

    Guile-WM relies /heavily/ on its user init file. In fact, it won't do anything on
    its own without one. The intention is to provide something 100%
    configurable."

Link: https://github.com/mwitmer/guile-wm

# The Deep Space Window Manager (Common Lisp)

From the README:
    "DSWM is a fork of StumpWM, so have most of all features, which have
StumpWM, but it designed for better usability and better integration with
emacs."

Link: https://github.com/dss-project/dswm

You can also read a discussion about those here:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8160968

John Yates <address@hidden> writes:

> Personally I regularly have the opposite itch: wanting to replace
> emacs's frustrating window management with an external tiling WM (in
> my case awesome).

I use stumpwm, which is like emacs.